Sunday, March 11, 2012

Franny and Zooey

Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger is about siblings in their twenties. Basically, something is majorly up with Franny. She cries, faints, and is generally disagreeable. Her family is concerned about her at home because she lays on the couch and cries. Her boyfriend and family discover it has something to do with a book she carries around. She and her brother, Zooey, discuss the book together and have interesting religious talks.

This book went a little slow for me. It’s definitely not my favorite, but the religious discussions in it were interesting (for awhile). I loved Catcher in the Rye by Salinger, but to me this book was not as good. However, a boy in one of my classes said Franny and Zooey was his favorite book. So I don’t really know what to tell you. If you hate Catcher in the Rye, books were people discuss religion and books, or books where people complain a lot - this book is not for you. If you slightly enjoy any of those things, you will slightly enjoy this book.

I would also like to add that Zooey is a hilarious character to me and I really enjoyed him. The book was worth reading just to read about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment